Thursday, October 28, 2004

Back from Surgery

the operation went well. the whole procedure was quick, it took about half an hour. i was discharged by lunchtime. as i had predicted, the injection was the most painful part. the surgeon jabbed me around 10 - 15 times with the needle!! argh...!!! then i kinda chatted with the surgeon. i asked.. "are you done yet with the injection already?". he replied.. "... injection over. your ankle had already been sliced open." at this point, i was like whoa... that was fast! wanted to look at it, but they placed sheets of cloth to block my view. then i could feel the screws being unscrewed. it wasn't painful but as he unscrews it, it kinda hits the nerves. lastly the stitch, though my ankle was numb all over, i could still feel the needle piercing thru my skin. hahaha... gross but cool!!

i reached early. i was the first patient. i went in alone while my mum heads home. i was surrounded by nurses, 10 at least. however.. only a couple was wort taking a second look. hahaha.. but i wished i was being attended to by my dear carissa. haha.. oh well..

this was taken before my operation. see the circle that i've highlighted? that's the caused of the infection, blame it all to my impatience.. should have waited for it to heal up before i started walking. causing the stitch to burst open. hahaha..

these metals here are the implants that was a part of me for a year & a half. interestingly, it looked much smaller than the ones shown on the x-ray. plus! i've got to keep it!! hahaha.. thinking about framing them up! well.. hmmm.. hahaha...

my ankle is all bandaged up yet again.. well well.. isn't this familiar. got a feeling of de ja vu. haha.. wished i could open it up & let all of you see the wound. but i can hardly bend over without sending painful pulses to it. some other day then.