Saturday, December 03, 2005

2 SIR - Second to None

okie now.. back to where i left off.. hmmm.. actually i came back from the overseas training weeks ago but i didn't really have time to update. basically the whole experience was very very tiring but meaningful. especially during the 4 days of R & R (rest & relaxation or recreation.. i forgot! haha) i kinda went over my budget.. spent around 1k sing dollars in just 4 days! i must make a note to never do that again! soon after i landed in Singapore, i had to book in the following sunday just so we can prepare for our graduation parade which didn't turn out too badly. lots of pics were taken & i'll post them asap.. well actually it depends whether i'm lazy or not. haha..

anyway i've got posted to 2 SIR which is situated in amoy quee camp. the camp itself is in a terrible state. it's somewhat rundown as it a very old camp. but i don't really mind cos to me any place other than tekong is better as it's closer to home. however as i'm in a unit, it means my sergeant rank don't really provide me with the same authority as in schools like bmtc or sispec. cos i've to do alot of outfield training & also try as much as i desire to, to achieve the unit's goal for glory. incidentally i've just completed my UIP (unit induction programme) set by the unit, which is supposed to help us settled in quickly by familiarizing ourselves with the unit. in my honest opinion.. i seriously don't feel motivated at all.. the unit seems tough & the targeted goals they set for us junior commander is very high, futhermore i feel that i've lost the spirit to go on my ns life going through outfield training. i'm sick of it, mentally & physically. but it seems that fate had already set this path for me so i'll just have to go thru it & hope that it won't be as bad as i've imagined.

regarding my life, it's currently inactive. i've just had my ears pierce well i think that's about the only interesting event that had taken place hmmmm... oh yah.. the NCC camp is also at the same camp as i am. in fact its just beside my unit. i ran past it numerous times this 2 weeks during the cadence run.. some of my friends got posted there. the job is basically slacking the whole day & they get to book out everyday cos it's based on office hours! less than 5 guys from my sispec course managed to be posted there! those damn bloody lucky bastards! it pisses me off when they complained how bored they are everyday doing nothing. sheesh! okay i'm signing off now. shall update whenever possible. ciao!