Saturday, April 16, 2005

finally get to rest.. even though its just 2 short days.. it's better than nothing. was really shagged when i reached home earlier, slept the whole day trying to get plenty of rest. doing guard duty was rather fun due to the extra freedom that we get. no restriction to the amount of cigarettes, & prowling around bmtc as we get to familiarize with the place. but its very tiring at the end of it. i managed 6 rounds around bmtc ~ roughly around 16 to 17 km. each detail will prowl 2 rounds for 2 hours & rest for 4 hours. so i did 3 sets of those. actually i was supposed to prowl the last 2 rounds which was around 4 in the morning but my buddy & me swapped with the guys doing the sentry duty as they wanted to get a chance to prowl. i was more than happy to acknowledge them cos i was very shagged & sleepy at that time. sentry duty is to just stand at the arrival gate but since no fastdraft will come at that time of the night, the sergeant-in-charge told us to just sit down.. well.. i fell asleep.. haha..

not getting enough rest due to guard duty, my cough worsened. i didn't report sick as they will give us 2 days of light duties. meaning i'll have to do all the stupid stuffs such as cleaning the company or carry some stuffs while those fighting fit recruits do their training. if there's really nothing for us to do then we'll just sit down in a corner waiting for the training to end. & that is extreme boredom. so i cough non-stop throughout the week, causing lack of sleep & bloodshot eye in the morning. but i don't really care much..

1st week of bmt, i had my first IFC (individual field craft) training. my first lesson was to camouflage myself. applying the facial camou cream was fun the first time, but applying & removing the cream numerous time felt really uncomfortable. then we had to stuff on our uniform to cover up the outline of our body. the first try i opted for long grasses & i end up with deep cuts on my fingers totalling up to 20 cuts on my left fingers alone. the 2nd try i decided to use ferns. this time i managed to cover up myself fully. but since i was the only guy to use excesive ferns to cover up compared to the rest, the instructor called me fern-guy.. duh! another recruit placed 2 large leaf on his back & they called him fairy.. cos it looks like wings. haha..

next week i'll be having my first field camp starting on saturday till friday. meaning it'll be another confinement for 2 weeks.. its gonna be very tiring.. hopefully it'll be fun.

1 month plus had alredy passed.. it seems so fast. soon i'll pass-out from bmt. hopefully i'll get the posting that i want. & recently a career talk from the army came by for a talk. i applied for an officer role in guards. not sure if i can get in. i'm just trying my luck.. haha.. but i really get it then i'll be busy & won't have much time for civilian life.. hmm...

okie i'm gonna rest now & watch tv.. so see ya around in 2 weeks time. ciao!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~